My cat licked bug spray

Using bug spray on your pet is not the most fun way to spend a Saturday night. Not only are they prone to contracting all kinds of parasites, they are also prone to ingesting the stuff. Keeping your pet away from the treated area is an obvious solution. A professional exterminator can recommend a product suited to your pet’s needs. If the pests are especially bad, you may have to send your pet to a friend’s house.

Using a squirt bottle may be the best bet. Most bug sprays contain toxic ingredients. To get the most out of your spray, it’s a good idea to read the directions on the bottle carefully. Keep in mind that different bug sprays have different drying times. Some will evaporate after a few minutes while others may take hours to dry.

If you’re not sure what to use, it may be worth asking your veterinarian. They are more likely to recommend a product for you than an amateur. They will also be able to give you an overview of the most effective insect repellents on the market. Some contain essential oils that may be more suitable for your pet than a chemical laden spray. It’s also worth keeping in mind that insecticides are used to control all sorts of pests, not just bugs. They are also used to kill rodents. You’ll want to consult with your vet before using any products on your pet. You may be surprised to find out that they have more effective products than you do. They may also recommend a better way to get rid of the bugs in the first place.

While there are many bug sprays on the market, the most effective one is the one that your veterinarian recommends. Using a spray with essential oils is less toxic than the chemical alternatives. Similarly, using a spray containing antifreeze may be counterproductive.